Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

stretcher party overpainted leader warden mk11

Article about: a bit of a mouthfull i know here is a recent pickup not pristine by any means but as i like my lids salty it will look great on the shelf ,my columbo detective work if i have this right is i

?

Another fine example James I really like the wear,crackling and crazing to the paint on this example and it looks quite good displayed on the shelf .

Regards Mark

?

Hi James, in 1941 or 1942 due to experiences at bomb damaged area's, it soon became apparent that more recognition was needed on helmets.Hence markings to front & back.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    James how comes you never run out of room for your display purposes?everytime you show various items or area's of topic there always seems to be enough room,do you alternate stuff around?i've got a couple of boxes in the loft of bits and pieces,I need a man-cave..........
    thanks jake i just seem to have a knack of making the most of the limited space i have but im in the process of slightly modifying the existing shelving hence the tatty unfinished look to the edges etc i will get there in time ,my reason was that the lids were just lying flat on the shelves so only half was visible ,now with the extra height i can view the liner and chinstraps too ,well when the odd gassie isnt obscuring the view i have recently noticed a very similar setup on a warden helmet on another forum members recent post too cheers james
    Regards James

many thanks mark i am keen to just leave this one be in case i start losing any of the top coat and many thanks Aaron ,the extra info is always appreciated i have to admit personally its a continuing learning curve on these diverse mk11 homefront lids
    cheers james
    Regards James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2