Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Supplementary fire parties

Article about: An SFP marked Zuckerman (Supplementary fire parties) after August 1941 the Fire guard was introduced but as the liner is dated 1942 which is quite unusual the SFP must have carried on at som

?

Default Supplementary fire parties

An SFP marked Zuckerman (Supplementary fire parties) after August 1941 the Fire guard was introduced but as the liner is dated 1942 which is quite unusual the SFP must have carried on at some level.
    The picture shows a woman wearing an FG arm band but with an SFP helmet, behind her what looks like her daughter in nurses uniform plus maybe her husband who probably served in the 1st WW who is in RAF uniform. The corporal with a few years service is wearing what looks like a bush hat.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Supplementary fire parties   Supplementary fire parties  

Supplementary fire parties   Supplementary fire parties  

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Supplementary fire parties

Another great lid Aaron.Well under-rated i think...
    Regarding the picture, the man on the left is wearing an unusual pattern BD blouse, it appears to me to have exposed buttons on the pockets but no pleats and covered buttons on the front?Might just be the focus though..prehaps a visiting Aussie?

Default Re: Supplementary fire parties

Hi, he wears a US Made "War Aid" Battledress. Very distinctive blouse due to the fly front but exposed pocket buttons. They are the very best quality of BD. Most were issued in Italy and the Middle East. My Uncle wore one in Italy. I have one in my collection original badged to a member of the Parachute Regt.

Super period photo and a nice lid too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great photograph Aaron. I have one from the same maker Pressed Steel CO. of Cowley Oxford. Although all the helmets seem to be dated 1941 I have only come across two liners not of that date yours and one dated 1940.
    Attached Images Attached Images Supplementary fire parties 

?

I've seen a picture of a 1940 dated liner as well, they must have started making the liners just before they started pressing the helmets in 1941. I reckon production of the liners must have spilled over into 1942.