Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts of British Para helmet

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   What are your thoughts of this British Para helmet? Isn’t it unusual to see two bolts on each side of the shell? Cheers Alex

?

Default Thoughts of British Para helmet

Hi guys,

What are your thoughts of this British Para helmet? Isn’t it unusual to see two bolts on each side of the shell?

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of British Para helmet   Thoughts of British Para helmet  

Thoughts of British Para helmet  

Post war Danish conversion of British helmet, it would have been a tankers lid originally. They are common in your country and should sell for less than 100-150 euros
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Looks to be an helmet, steel, Royal Armoured Corps (HSRAC) which has been converted by the Danish post war into a HSAT.

?

At some earlier time, it was a tanker lid ..... you can see where the strap loops are on both of the insides of the helmet.
    It also has an all over postwar repaint .....

One to walk away from ....

?

I have heard about these helmets being used post war here in DK.

Many thanks for info

Cheers
    Alex

Good grief, if they're so damned common in Denmark, how come no-one ever punts a few out on Ebay? I'd rather like one - interesting thing!

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Good grief, if they're so damned common in Denmark, how come no-one ever punts a few out on Ebay? I'd rather like one - interesting thing!
    It is strange they are not on there, though there were a number at this years Ciney show according to someone I know who went, circa 70-80 euros a pop. Mind you one sold on the WAF estand last week as a WWII British helmet for £200 even after I started a thread about it, go figure.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Greg, as far as I know this one isnt sold yet, I can ask the seller if you want?

Thank you for the offer of help, Mads, but I will be *very* short of money for the next couple of months (one preplanned event next week which will cost a LOT, and then there's Christmas...which I'm not that bothered about but I know that Catherine doesn't see it the same way!) so no possibility of buying helmets January or even February. Eeek. Oh its not so bad, really, I went nearly five years without anything new for my collection between 2003 and 2008 (you can see I remember it well!). Maybe next year if anyone has hands or eye on one....

Thanks again for the offer, very much appreciated.

I've seen a few of these for sale. Prices seem to swing hugely, this particular example was sold for about £50, but I've seen sellers demanding over £200 for similar examples.

I'm not convinced that it's converted for use as a Para helmet, I think rather it's the other way around. I'm basing this supposition on the fact that I've never seen any with either of the airborne chinstraps (not even a Danish version), but I have seen a couple with the standard infantry/RAC chinstrap fitted.

Another factor is the fact that Denmark has no airborne units, apart from the Jægerkorps (Army Special Forces) who were founded in 1961, and the Frømandskorps (Naval Special Forces) founded in 1957. By this time Danish forces were equipped with US type helmets (M/48).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast