Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Another Malta camo which is up to £239, some bits seem ok,( like the stacking mark) But the majority of it I don't like, rusty original green/brown paint with no paint on the rim, while the

?

Default Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?

Another Malta camo which is up to £239, some bits seem ok,( like the stacking mark) But the majority of it I don't like, rusty original green/brown paint with no paint on the rim, while the camo covers the rim.
    Salfordpals is the seller, thoughts?
    SOLD £335.00
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?   Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?  

Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?   Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?  

Last edited by tinlid; 12-21-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Hi, the camo looks fake, looks like it has been scratched by a key or a coin to make it look aged, and the overlapping paint as you mentioned. It does not look good to me.

Cheers
    Harry

looks good to me Aaron ,the rim wear seems consistant on the darker paintwork

Hi Aaron, I am not that keen either, as you say, the way the "cammo" is painted over the rim and yet there is none of the original paint showing at all is a big worry. I would have thought it would be possible to fake the "stacking" ring by heating an original liner in the oven or alike, and then placing it on top until it has cooled down. A lot of hassle but if you can turn a £60 lid into £250 it's job done! Leon.

SMP
    ?

Not for me. E-bay is loaded with fake British lids at the moment - I think this is one of them. A bad sign of the times.

I dont like it, as already mentioned the rim looks suspicious. Paint appears fresh, no chipping off, only scratches. But nice detail with the stacking marks if they were faked.

How is the reputation of Salfordpals?

The helmet appears to my eyes to have had a brown 'wash' applied to it. I've highlighted my concerns on the pic below, but sign of it can be seen on some of the other pic's too.

Why would that be there unless to deceive?

Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Here's another fake sold recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?  Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?  Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?  Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake? 

the lengths people go to make a few quid ,id of never thought of them being faked ,you live and learn

Was it the same seller?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast