Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Another Malta camo which is up to £239, some bits seem ok,( like the stacking mark) But the majority of it I don't like, rusty original green/brown paint with no paint on the rim, while the

?

Ebay No. 321814378887

Thanks Aaron.

It has some areas under the tan paint where someone has had a go at it with something quite rough, heavy gauge sandpaper I assume and this suggest it was quite rusty before the tan paint and flash was applied to it. Not for me as I would not feel comfortable owning such as this though obviously an original would be something special to own.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Ebay No. 321814378887
    "Hi there
    Found this helmet among other army related stuff while clearing our grandfather,s place,he died back in 97 but due to legal inheritance problems only now we got access to the house,I brought in a local antiquarian to evaluate things and he suggested that I should sell this item internationally as apparently these are quite rare outside of Malta,I,m afraid I do not know where my grandfather got these items but I know that during ww2 there was an anti aircraft gun just round the corner where he lived here in St paul,s bay, maybe the soldiers gave them to him or maybe they were left there,I don,t know ,all I know is that the item is very rusty and seems to have spent a lot of time in the sun and probably the owner went swimming with it on as well. so I don,t think it can be used for what it was intended to ,I,m selling it as a collectable so please study the pictures carefully before bidding as I will not except returns nor refunds for this item, on the fabric part of the helmet there is written 71/2 HELMETS Lt I/1939 on the shell is the letters JSS/GV I/1939 ,There is a blue and red sign on one side of it,apparently it is the sign of the artillery ,we found two of these but the other one my brother took and wants to keep it,for me it has no sentimental value
    Thanks for reading and happy bidding."

I'm convinced!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Not one for my shelf but as suggested there does seem to be some that are caught up and bewildered by the sellers story .

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this helmet, real or fake? 

?

hello
    I,m new to this forum and also to collecting helmets,i would like to start by getting a british ww2 paratrooper helmet,I found one with a severely damaged liner marked BMB 1942 but I can see no marks on the shell ,is this normal? any answers would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Quote by pluto View Post
    hello
    I,m new to this forum and also to collecting helmets,i would like to start by getting a british ww2 paratrooper helmet,I found one with a severely damaged liner marked BMB 1942 but I can see no marks on the shell ,is this normal? any answers would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome,

Yes, usually only marked on the liner, they are faked, it would be best to start a thread on it on its own with pictures if you want help, this thread is about faked camo MKI's or MKII's.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Sounds like a fibre rim para helmet, on these there is probably a stamp on the shell, but could be hidden by the textured paint and liner.
    Be good to see, if you could start a new thread on it.

?

hello again
    I,m sorry that I intruded in the wrong thread and thanks for the info,can you please direct me to where i can start a new thread?

No problem, but it makes it easier if you start a thread for it in forum, the western allies, helmets.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmets/
    Regards,

Jerry

?

hello
    Seeing as I,m new and you,re talking about fakes ,am I going to get stung by loads of them? and is it legal to sell these on websites especially ebay? I,ve already nearly gone off this hobby just by reading this thread
    Thanks again and I will start the thread where you directed me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast