Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?

Article about: Hey guys! Can you help me date these? I know they are all m-26 ardrians. Not too much info I can find about these if they are ww2 or post war. Thanks for any help!

Default Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?

Hey guys! Can you help me date these please? I know they are all m-26 Adrians. Not too much info I can find about these if they are ww2 or post war. Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?   Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?  

Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?   Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?  

Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?   Three French helmets. M-26 Adrians, WW2? Dating?  

IMO the engineer helmet (badge with helmet and cuirass) could be of prewar time because of its green kaki colour (colour introduced end of 30s) and the kind/colour of its lliner, the infantery/cavalery helmet (badge with exploding grenade) with the buff coloured liner (which started to be used during war and afterwards) and oliv green painture could be rather reused during liberation/postwar. Because of its button of fixation the chinstrap seems to be before 1937. The helmet without a liner could be early pre-war because its colour seems to be so called chocolate kaki (used by the factories until the end of the 30s). Does the helmet have traces of blue or black colour too?

Very intersting about the M26, the site "world war helmets":
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 26 :.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    IMO the engineer helmet (badge with helmet and cuirass) could be of prewar time because of its green kaki colour (colour introduced end of 30s) and the kind/colour of its lliner, the infantery/cavalery helmet (badge with exploding grenade) with the buff coloured liner (which started to be used during war and afterwards) and oliv green painture could be rather reused during liberation/postwar. Because of its button of fixation the chinstrap seems to be before 1937. The helmet without a liner could be early pre-war because its colour seems to be so called chocolate kaki (used by the factories until the end of the 30s). Does the helmet have traces of blue or black colour too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Thank you very much! Great site! PS I loved Cologne, one of the prettiest churches I have ever seen.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Also yes the last one has blue and black paint traces on the shell. The crown has red/blue traces.

Yes, Cologne is very nice, Thank you very much. At the moment we have carnival at the region and of course at Cologne. At Monday (so called "Rosenmontag") there will be the very large carnival processions at Bonn and the very known one at Cologne wiht thousands of spectators each.

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Also yes the last one has blue and black paint traces on the shell. The crown has red/blue traces.
    I can't recognize clearly: If the blue colour is covered by the kaki it could be a very early helmet which was originally painted in "bleu clair", so called "bleu horizon", the colour already used in WW 1 (However I am not sure if the inside of the helmet was repainted in kaki too, I can't see any traces of blue colour there at all). If the kaki colour is below the black (blue) one it could be repainted and maybe used later by Gendarmerie (police rural) or local police (see the internet site above).

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Nice looking Helmets. A helmet I have neglected to add to my collection.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yes, Cologne is very nice, Thank you very much. At the moment we have carnival at the region and of course at Cologne. At Monday (so called "Rosenmontag") there will be the very large carnival processions at Bonn and the very known one at Cologne wiht thousands of spectators each.

I can't recognize clearly: If the blue colour is covered by the kaki it could be a very early helmet which was originally painted in "bleu clair", so called "bleu horizon", the colour already used in WW 1 (However I am not sure if the inside of the helmet was repainted in kaki too, I can't see any traces of blue colour there at all). If the kaki colour is below the black (blue) one it could be repainted and maybe used later by Gendarmerie (police rural) or local police (see the internet site above).

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Yes, no blue or black paint on the inside of the last one. As far as I can tell?

Side note, never had a chance to visit any fairs. But did get to Eurpoa park in Rust Germany. Very cool park. Funny seeing the New England area in the park. Well it was just a light house and a hotel but looked pretty good.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nice looking Helmets. A helmet I have neglected to add to my collection.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I think these helmets are really cool looking. Even though they are/feel pretty flimsy. They are still pretty cheep, price wise.
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 02-15-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Any other thoughts about them guys?

Bump last time