Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Australian MK2 Camoflage Helmets

Article about: in a case of you never know whats in the box I have just got hold of these from a Woman who got these from a deceased estate ..they have been in this purpose built box for 70 years..the gree

Default Two Australian MK2 Camoflage Helmets

in a case of you never know whats in the box I have just got hold of these from a Woman who got these from a deceased estate ..they have been in this purpose built box for 70 years..the green one is half sand half smooth, the desert one has a small amount of sand texture..my train of thought after much research is, that these are from the very secretive Australian Camouflage unit of WW2..these are indeed very rare beauties..enjoy
    Two Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage HelmetsTwo Australian MK2 Camoflage Helmets

Great score mate! I was watching these with much interest. Well done and thanks for sharing!

They are fantastic,im sorry i didnt bid on them now.
    Aussie camos make me nervous as i have bought a couple and comments recieved have not been favourable
    But they certainly look like the real deal,congrats Mate.
    What makes you think that they are from the William Dakin collection ?
    Cheers Mick

Before i bought them i was messaging the seller to see what knowledge she had of them..I got the suburb and some minor information about them..She had no idea of what they were as she is a clothing seller,but her father got them from a deceased estate, and i was able to get a little info from that...ive never seen such amazing helmets..in the flesh they are superb and 100 percent legit imo

Great find Mate,
    Half your luck,you should call the AWM im sure they would be interested in seeing them.The more knowledge we have about Australian Camo helmets the better,i myself would love to see more reference material about them.

Mate trying to find out about these helmets is almost as hard as finding one! but there are some books about our camo unit in ww2..i have never seen any camos like these 2..its hard from the pictures to tell but these are amazing to look at in person

Well done, they look like two very rare examples in good order. Leon.

The first truck i believe is of the same camo colour as the second helmet .. i was reading about experimenting with a very dark green almost black with tan, and thats what that helmet is
    Two Australian MK2 Camoflage Helmets
    Hidden from history - November 2011 - The University of Sydney

?

Doesn't get much better than that.

?

Yes, I saw these too, good catch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast