Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia

Article about: Hi Guys, I have recently purchased number of MK2 Helmets. With these two, despite research I seem to be stumped by the insignia. Im wondering what SR means on the white one (assuming its hom

Default Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased number of MK2 Helmets. With these two, despite research I seem to be stumped by the insignia. Im wondering what SR means on the white one (assuming its home front) and what the red circle is on the second one (and that's if it is period).

Any information or suggestions would be great as usual

Cheers Guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia   Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia  

Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia   Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia  

Another Pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two MK2 Helmets - Help with insignia  

?

Would need to see a picture of the inside of the black one if you could.
    The SR one looks to be a home front, SR? Could be anything, R might be for rescue.

?

Sorry but I can't help with the markings, SR is nothing obvious. Can you post a picture of the inside of the black helmet, does it have rim on the outside, it doesn't look like it.

Steve.

Search & Rescue ?

Is the red circle the remians of an AFS or NFS logo?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Crossed my mind about an NFS badge, but the circle is to big I think.

?

The red circle looks like it was under the black paint, it may be the angle, but looks a bit like a MKI.

Iam with Anon.

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I initially thought NFS but I think it look slightly different to the other NFS insignia I have seen.
    The helmet does have a rim, will upload some more photos when I am back home