Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II

Article about: I can't find any British WWII helmet that approximates to this helmet, other than a British Paratrooper or Airborne helmet. I think this may be a glider pilot but I'm not sure. Photos are at

Default Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II

I can't find any British WWII helmet that approximates to this helmet, other than a British Paratrooper or Airborne helmet. I think this may be a glider pilot but I'm not sure. Photos are attached, can someone please advise?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II   Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II  

Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II   Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II  

Default Re: Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II

Hi, it is a Tankers helmet. I have shown mine on the forum in the past. There should be a date on one of the fibre liner bands

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi,
    It's a RAC,( Royal Armoured Corps) helmet, introduced in 43 I think. The chin strap lugs might have the date on aswell, or if you are lucky the date was stamped into the steel shell on the inside. The bolt that holds the liner in place is the wrong type, but you can pick those up, & as Ade said the date should be on the cross over straps on the liner, nice helmet
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II   Unidentified Helmet Can you help please- British WW II  

tazpants
    ?

I concur with all above. I too own one. Mine had either a name or number inside painted in red paint but its unfortunately undecipherable.

Thank you both for your responses