Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unissued despatch riders helmet BMB 1944

Article about: Hi guys I have just received this unissued despatch riders helmet with liner marked BMB 1944 when examining closely I noticed that on the chinstrap popper is written PAT 2014 -30-22 NEWEY ,

?

Default Unissued despatch riders helmet BMB 1944

Hi guys
    I have just received this unissued despatch riders helmet with liner marked BMB 1944 when examining closely I noticed that on the chinstrap popper is written PAT 2014 -30-22 NEWEY , please tell me that I haven't got a dud
    Thanks

Just a quick reply and I'll look at my DR lid later but I am pretty sure that is just the patent number and 2014 does not relate to the year which is what I imagine is on your mind?

There are quite a lot of these brand new and unissued lids around because of military suplus release a few years back.

Can you post some pics?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Mark is quiet correct. My helmet is marked the same way and I have had it nearly 30 years. I dont think there is any problem with completely fake dispatch riders helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued despatch riders helmet BMB 1944   Unissued despatch riders helmet BMB 1944  

?

Phew,Thanks guys ,yes it's exactly like mine,and now examining it more closely I can see that there is no dash between the 2014 and the 22,these unissued helmets looks like they been made only yesterday
    Thanks again

Hi Joe, Newey poppers are used on Slouch hats as well, as far as I'm aware the numbers have nothing to do with the date they were made. Leon.

?

& on Denison smocks.

?

Hi Guys
    The thing is that I have never handled an unissued helmet in my life and I wasn't expecting the popper to be so shiny after 71 years ,the leather strap obviously is in mint condition as well so I said I'll have a look at the popper maybe there's a date on it and when I saw 2014 stamped on it .I nearly fainted, here we are talking about fakes and I just bought one ,made only last year as well!!! but thanks to you guys I feel assured now,so what's a Slouch hat Leon?

MAP
    ?

Here is s Slouch hat from our very own Jerry B.

pre or early WWII type Aussie Slouch hat
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Map
    Thanks for telling me what a slouch hat is,
    Cheers
    Joe