Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown BV MK2 Helmet?

Article about: Hi everyone, Annoyed from this ads?   Hope you're all good! Picked this helmet up recently, after doing some research I've still found nothing about it. Shell is dated 1941 and marked C

Default Unknown BV MK2 Helmet?

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all good! Picked this helmet up recently, after doing some research I've still found nothing about it. Shell is dated 1941 and marked CLC (which I believe is Canadian?). I cant see a date on the liner and the chin strap is one ive not seen before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown BV MK2 Helmet?   Unknown BV MK2 Helmet?  

?

Hi Vickey I can confirm if the shell is marked C.L./C. it is indeed Canadian and was produced by the Canadian Motorlamp Company IMO the liner is not Canadian produced though.

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Hi Vickey I can confirm if the shell is marked C.L./C. it is indeed Canadian and was produced by the Canadian Motorlamp Company IMO the liner is not Canadian produced though.

Regards Mark
    Cheers for the info! I had a feeling the liner wasn't original to the helmet. Any ideas of the insignia?

?

Hi Vickey no sorry Aaron and or Jerry would probably be of more help as IMO it is British and not Canadian.

Regards Mark

?

It's been painted in Dutch post war colours, probably for their civil defence. They used a lot of British & Canadian helmets post war, until the late 50's when they started producing their own.
    So chin strap & liner may be Dutch made.

Cheers tinlid!

well it certainly makes for an interesting helmet vicky ,the stripe is reminicent of the british chief warden mk11 ,well done on another nice find ,great work guys on identifying all the component parts too

?

A mate had one of these years ago and was told it was Dutch postwar civil defence but what I've never understood is that the Dutch CD is BB or Bescherming Bevolking.

This is just a thought but could it be a branch of the Dutch CD?

My Dutch language skills are pretty much non existent but I wonder if it could be Vrijwilligers, as in some kind of Voluntary Civil Defence.

Or even Brandweer Vrijwilligers?

Tony