Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown Fiber Helmet Identification

Article about: Hello All, I've just acquired this fiber helmet. The leather is marked BMB 1941. It's made of similar material to the liners for US M1 helmets. Do you think there might be any link to Britis

..bit late to this party but isn't it just a US Civil helmet with a Brit Zuck liner retro-fitted?...the lacing makes the fitting easy, well, easy enough for the gloved hands of the glider pilots....

Quote by Composite View Post
    ..bit late to this party but isn't it just a US Civil helmet with a Brit Zuck liner retro-fitted?...the lacing makes the fitting easy, well, easy enough for the gloved hands of the glider pilots....
    Yes, certainly some type of vintage fibreglass safety helmet that appears to have been messed with. A real shame the OP seems to be pushing the glider rubbish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Fiber Helmet Identification  

I've found some folk are extremely grateful for a correction/help/advice suggesting a genuine error (and they change it)....some HEAR the info and make no comment AND change......and others go la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la because they don't even want to hear.......

hey, perhaps its a Glider's BUILDERS helmet....well, someone had to make 'em!

I think it was made without the rim for some reason.
    Here is one for sale in Bulgaria Vintage Miner cap MSA | eBay

This one has had additional holes drilled for the strap and light to go on front.

It is probably worth money selling it as a vintage miners helmet as they seem to go for big money as they are. Better than spoiling your own reputation as a seller.

Quote by Composite View Post
    I've found some folk are extremely grateful for a correction/help/advice suggesting a genuine error (and they change it)....some HEAR the info and make no comment AND change......and others go la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la because they don't even want to hear.......
    I contacted the seller of these items telling them they were Swedish but got no response...la la la la la la
    WW2 British Army Mountain Troops Special Forces SAS Commando Rucksack + Map Case | eBay

A glider pilots helmet but no chin strap?

Perhaps he was a very GOOD glider pilot so he didn’t need one.....

......a glider pilot who also operated underground......

Having now seen it listed on ebay where irmentions lors of pics showing this in use as the liner if a glider pilot helmet, perhaps I should retract my earlier statement, or just say what a crock.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I mean the guy must not really care. Only 9 posts since Nov 2011. Just uses this forum as a tool to help his bad eBay shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2