Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown tank drivers helmet?

Article about: I saw this up for auction as a WW2 Canadian tank driver's helmet - but it doesn't match anything I know or can find? I'm curious now and I'd really appreciate someone's knowledge!

?

Default Unknown tank drivers helmet?

I saw this up for auction as a WW2 Canadian tank driver's helmet - but it doesn't match anything I know or can find? I'm curious now and I'd really appreciate someone's knowledge!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown tank drivers helmet?   Unknown tank drivers helmet?  

?

A nice WW2 British, helmets, crash, Royal armoured Corp. (HCRAC)
    If no impressed date/maker name on leather sweat band, then the paper label has come off. On the inside leather sweat band will be an ink stamp that should date it, but as you don't have it in hand.....

?

I'll see if I can ask the seller. Are these helmets rare/common? And what would you say it's value is

?

These helmets compared to the Mk2 are quite rare, the ink stamp inside if there will date it to 1939-43.
    An average value would be £65-100, (due to not being that desirable, but they are to me) often you see them for £165.

interesting to see a HCRAC helmet, looks similar in construction /materials to old miners helmets of the early 1900's.