Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet

Article about: Hi all. I just thought I would share this recent acquisition. It is an odd helmet, similar in style to the Civil Defence 'Cromwell' helmets. However it is a different shape. The only informa

Default Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet

Hi all. I just thought I would share this recent acquisition. It is an odd helmet, similar in style to the Civil Defence 'Cromwell' helmets. However it is a different shape. The only information I got off the previous owner was that it came from the Netherlands, although given that we sent the all kinds of helmets after the War this does not mean much. The only markings are a small white sticker giving the size on one of the liner straps. It is similar to a miner's hat, however I would expect to see an mounting for a lamp if this were the case. Let me know what you think. Cheers.

- - ------- - -

Sorry the one photo is on it's side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet   Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet  

Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet   Unusual Cromwell Type Helmet  

?

If it's not made of metal, ... it was for use by electrical power workers etc ... to stop the helmet passing fatal voltages if it touched a live wire/circuit.

?

Pretty sure it's WW2 if not just before, private purchase probably.

At least it has the early style helmet liner and looks to be in good shape.

Thanks for the comments guys, yes it is in good condition.