Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Decals on a M!

Article about: I actually found this helmet in a trash pile over 30 years ago while I was in high School. It was covered in silver paint. I was stripping the paint off to paint it olive again when I found

Default Unusual Decals on a M!

I actually found this helmet in a trash pile over 30 years ago while I was in high School. It was covered in silver paint. I was stripping the paint off to paint it olive again when I found these decals. All I can figure that they must have been used during some of the A Bomb tests in the Pacific during the 1950's. Has anyone ever seen these before. The liner is a WWII era liner as wellUnusual Decals on a M!

Any info will be appreciated.

?

Default Re: Unusual Decals on a M!

looks to me something done by a kid.

?

What makes you think A-Test? Probably done by the same kid that painted it silver.

Martin

I have thought about that someone just putting decals on the helmet, but the amount of paint that was on top of it, most of it green made me think that this was done during the '50s. The bottom of the dragon's neck looks like it was based on the Bikini tests in the '40s
    \

?

The layers are extremely thick, but I doubt any relation personally. Helmet would be much saltier if it was exposed to the sea. How's the inside look?

Martin

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    looks to me something done by a kid.
    I'd agree, they look like transfers from a model kit. The 182 especialy looks like decals from an aircraft.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Decals on a M!  

I had thought of that, but also wondered if that could not be a us navy ship number

It IS a Navy ship number - but from a plastic model kit.........
    Regards,

Steve.

These are definitely decals from some sort of model kit.

Can we please see a photo of the liner?