Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US Civil Defence MkII

Article about: Hi Fellas, Opinions needed on this early US CD MkII Please. I cant find any Dates on it and the stamp on the rim is like nothing ive seen before.Also the decal seems to be reversed ? What do

Default US Civil Defence MkII

Hi Fellas,
    Opinions needed on this early US CD MkII Please.
    I cant find any Dates on it and the stamp on the rim is like nothing ive seen before.Also the decal seems to be reversed ?
    What do you reckon
    Thanks Mick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Civil Defence MkII   US Civil Defence MkII  

US Civil Defence MkII   US Civil Defence MkII  

?

You are right on the air wardens emblem being reversed. As for the helmet, it has split rivets so it was likely British made. The stamping is crude and probably added afterwards for identification purposes by whatever organization used it.

All of the US Civil defense helmets I have run into have a white base paint to them and have stampings of US property and OCD for I believe office of civil defense. Also the liners were a web setup da looking like an M1 liner. Not sure what to make of yours.
    Matt

Never seen a British MKII with rounded lugs like this or this type of liner. Maybe a refurb of a WWI example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I've seen a few of these before not as common as the white painted not sure why they painted them white but I believe they are all from the 40s