Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

US M 5 Anti Flak Helmet

Article about: A fairlynew addition to the collection was this US M 5 Anti Flak Helmet there was thought to be approx 100,000 manufactured by wars end.. The metal on the interior and exterior of the helmet

CBH
    ?

I've got a mint T-30 throat mic unopened packed March 45.

If your looking for one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M 5 Anti Flak Helmet  

?

Thanx Chris I will be in touch later tonight or in the AM..

Regards Mark

Great addition Mark!!
    this helmet family is very interesting and they like me a lot.
    I have this previous US M3, another icon of US Bomber Crews in ETO; this example has its perfectly preserved "peach fuzz" painting, and still has the felt padding inside to flaps for the headphones.
    Thanks for sharing.

Roberto

US M 5 Anti Flak HelmetUS M 5 Anti Flak HelmetUS M 5 Anti Flak Helmet

?

Many thanx Roberto for sharing your example of the M 3 and yes I agree they are an interesting helmet system and the M 3 is still one I need to add to my shelf...

Regards Mark

Blimey Roberto that's one quality example you have there mate.................

?

Nice find, I found an unissued M3 a while back. You really need to have one in hand to appreciate the flocking.

US M3 Air Crew Helmet - Unissued

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Blimey Roberto that's one quality example you have there mate.................
    Thanks Jake,
    I did put some time but in the end I found one in perfect condition, maybe later I will look for a nice M5 like Mark's example !!

Quote by relicz View Post
    Nice find, I found an unissued M3 a while back. You really need to have one in hand to appreciate the flocking.

US M3 Air Crew Helmet - Unissued
    Thanks Relicz,
    I had already seen your post and I must say that your example is really very nice, really mint!
    As you say, you have to touch it to understand the effect of this particular painting, and to give an idea to those who have never had one in your hands, it actually seems to touch the skin of a peach!

Great helmet I used to own all 3 versions of the flak helmet but sold them to buy other helmets which I now regret as they were in fantastic condition

?

Bumping an old thread new additions,new information and new pictures..

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast