Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"US" sign on M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi all! I looked for an M1 helmet to buy, and I found this on a website. Unfortunatelly, the seller couldn't give much information about that. I only have some pictures, and I know, that it

Default "US" sign on M1 Helmet

Hi all! I looked for an M1 helmet to buy, and I found this on a website. Unfortunatelly, the seller couldn't give much information about that. I only have some pictures, and I know, that it has a rear seam. I couldnt find out, why is "US" is painted on the helmet. Im afraid, that it can be an european copy of M1, and this sign was not originally painted on it. I want to know which time that helmet could be used? Maybe WW2 or Vietnam? Thanks for all the answers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "US" sign on M1 Helmet   "US" sign on M1 Helmet  

"US" sign on M1 Helmet  

Could be a McCord from november 44 with super rare Stainless Steel rim,or post war clone,pictures are not great.!

looks like a beat up French m51 mate. as jake (ruddersrangers) says, not great pictures.

I will try to get better pictures tomorrow.

I told the seller to send me more pictures, he did, and on these, it can be seen, that this is really a french M51. Plumbob was right. Thank you for your help.