Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very rare Rescue MkII

Article about: Unlikely you will ever see another example of this type of helmet, difficult to resist I think for the right price. It's interesting that the flash maybe related to the CD region, it would b

?

Default Very rare Rescue MkII

Comments on this rescue helmet would be welcome, for me it's a very rare rescue, but I can see something wrong with it. So I thought I'd see what you guys thought.
    Thanks
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very rare Rescue MkII   Very rare Rescue MkII  

Very rare Rescue MkII   Very rare Rescue MkII  

Very rare Rescue MkII   Very rare Rescue MkII  

Very rare Rescue MkII  

Default Re: Very rare Rescue MkII

Hi, so far i see a repaint and the R also does not seem right.

?

When I first saw it I thought WOW what a great helmet, but then the majority of the white paint looks about 30-40 years newer than the white paint around the R which I could'nt quite fathom.
    Thanks Nuno

Agree with Nuno, it does look as if someone gave it a repaint a long time after the first coat of paint and the Rescue markings were originally applied. A shame really as if left untouched it would have been a stunning example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

As already said, the white looks a whole lot fresher than other areas you can see.
    The R looks like it was once a P too.

Brad.

NCA
    ?

Very strange..looks like a divisional flash on the side?no clue what though!I think it just makes it that more interesting.

?

I was thinking the same thing that this was a P, also i think the white is a later addition but still possibly period, its a strange one but interesting

Bit of a pity that its been retouched at some time,however it is still a killer lid
    Any idea on the flash ?
    Mick

?

I can't understand why anybody would want to do that, it's almost such a shoddy job, you want to believe it's real.

Have the diamonds been painted round or added on to the new coat of white paint?

The flash is really interesting, I had a CD helemt with a yellow/brown flash on it but couldn't find anything about it.
    Steve,

?

I've only got the pictures & have'nt seen it in the hand, but I think the diamonds are original as there does seem to be an age to them. I think the yellow/blue square might be something to do with the midlands, maybe area six. A lot of ARP energy would have been spent looking after the war production in the midlands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast