Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles

Article about: I received this water slide transfer decal to the Royal Winnipeg Rifles some time ago and it is nice to have it back home in Canada I received it from a friend and fellow collector in Hollan

?

Default Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles

I received this water slide transfer decal to the Royal Winnipeg Rifles some time ago and it is nice to have it back home in Canada I received it from a friend and fellow collector in Holland that purchased it from a private collection here in Canada some years back...
    I watched a Mk II flashed to the RWR sale for a very high price on E-BAY last year and thought the decals looked a little odd and not match the patina on the helmet body so it does make one consider the possibilities...
    So be careful out there gentlemen as there are still the odd Canadian decal floating around in private collections...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles   Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles  

Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles   Water slide transfer decal to The Royal Winnipeg Rifles  

?

Very nice & rare, & as we all know, in the wrong hands...

?

Thanx Aaron I have a few different Canadian waterside transfer decals and try and purchase them when they are offered and appear in the market place...

Regards Mark

Nice decal Mark
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice decal Mark, I will add that if the Allies decals are constructed anything like the Third Reich's examples, any attempt to use them now will either fail completely destroying the decal or there will be serious application flaws such as cracking to the surface. The glue that was used on TR water slide decals deteriorates over time and any attempt to transfer them no longer works, the decal either splits when trying to "slide" it or cracks when drying out and rarely adheres correctly to the surface . I hope that's of some use when looking at the next RWR rifles helmet you see for sale!! Leon.

?

Many thanx gents it will look good displayed in a shadow box with some other RWR smalls I have in my collection and thanks for your thoughts Leon I have never tried to wet down any of these old water slide transfer decals to see if it would still be possible to apply them to a helmet but what you say makes good sense and the older they get the more fragile they become...

Regards Mark

?

Very Nice and rare!!!

Dean

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Very Nice and rare!!!

Dean
    Thanx Dean O
    I am very pleased to have it in my collection ...

Regards Mark