Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What kind of helmet is this? British?

Article about: I don't know this chinstrap, but the liner is also post WWII. Most of these helmets are white http://www.helmy.w8w.pl/izraelski%20wz.MkII.htm Piotrek

Default What kind of helmet is this? British?

Hello, I've had this helmet for about 25 years. I was just wondering what kind it is. It looks like the outside has been repainted, but the inside looks original. Its got a big dent on top. The markings look like a RMR 1 then under that a M 10 1941.
    Thanks, Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of helmet is this?  British?   What kind of helmet is this?  British?  

What kind of helmet is this?  British?  

?

Default Re: What kind of helmet is this? British?

Well its British and should be a mkII , the letters you see are BMB and MK dont know why theres a zero in there, have a look on the liner, there will be some markings on one of the crosspieces

Thanks for the info. Yeah the B's look like R's, bad stamps. I don't see any markings on the crosspieces. Should the liner be able to come out? It looks like it is riveted to the shell.

?

If its a rivet it wont come out, but from the inside it looks like theres a screw slot there, you might find that theres markings on the crosspieces under the rubber padding in the dome, lift it carefully to check
    the chin strap is a later one i think, is it elasticated

I lifted the rubber padding and there isn't any markings. No the chin strap isn't elasticated. Is the rivet original or added later on?

Probably Dutch (or Belgian) re used post war British MKII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

This is Israeli liner.
    Piotrek

?

So the Israeli liner is a bit of a cross between the MkI & MkII British liner. It has the rubber buffers on the outside part of ther liner, but has the oval pad aswell.

Hi Lee,
    the maker of the helmet is B.M.B, as said stands for Briggs Motor Bodies, they made thousands of them during the war.
    hope this helps.
    Dave.

So the liner is Israeli? What about the chin strap? Israeli also? If so would have never thought that And what about the rivet holding the liner in, I guess that is a post war add on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast