Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?

Article about: Hey, I had bought a WW1 combat helmet for about 70 dollars and the liner was basically nothing, all that was inside was a wool pad that was completely destroyed and a section of a leather ch

Default Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?

Hey,

I had bought a WW1 combat helmet for about 70 dollars and the liner was basically nothing, all that was inside was a wool pad that was completely destroyed and a section of a leather chinstrap. After having the helmet for about a month I decided to remove the trashy liner that had no salvageable parts and was gonna refurbish it but I kind of set it on a shelf and its been there for a year now.

I was advised to buy an original liner or just leave it be but the trashy interior just bugged me so I decided to find an original liner, but that was too expensive for me so I am going with my original intentions to just refurbish it with a repro liner and paint so I can where it when I am old enough to be allowed to reenact with reenactment groups?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?  

?

Default Re: Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?

Any chance of a pic of the outside?

Best Regards,

Andy

Default Re: Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?

Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?Where to find WW1 American Helmet liner?

Here they are!

Michael

Hello! there is a company with the name of Prairie Flower Leather Co. they make very good liners for these helmets. your helmet is a M1917, there should be a maker mark in the back of the helmet. there web site is Prairie Flower Leather Company they have a collector grade and a standard grade helmet liner. I have put 3 of these liners in helmets and they are not hard to do, on there web site they have a shot movie to tell you how to put the liners in. I hope this helps! Brian