Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

white washed zuckerman

Article about: just to share this white fireguard helmet ,im not to sure what the single black band denotes but i imagine some form of authority over the standard issue ,my other zuckermans are vauxhall mo

Default white washed zuckerman

just to share this white fireguard helmet ,im not to sure what the single black band denotes but i imagine some form of authority over the standard issue ,my other zuckermans are vauxhall motors manufacture so im unfamiliar with the marking on this one best described as an inverted triangle? another thing ive come to realise is the folded rim is atop of the shell while my other vxm manufactured cph's have the folded edge on the underside of the brim white washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckerman
    Regards James

Can't help you mate but it is an interesting lid!...

?

Nice FG, 1 black band, not sure but could be FG street captain, or senior FG.
    PSC = Pressed steel Co.

fair comment paul and thanks again for your help Aaron im just wondering how a chin strap would terminate on the bails ,they seem to be a closed loop with no way of prying open but i have seen mk11 helmet chinstraps fitted
    Regards James

?

This strap looks like a Mk2 one, but is a made for strap for the CPH. If a Mk2 chin strap was used, it would depend on the opening of the CPH chin strap lug.
    There were loads of different straps that people made for these helmets, string, elastic, leather & webbing ones, as you know they came without a strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture white washed zuckerman   white washed zuckerman  

white washed zuckerman  

thanks for the explanation and of course pictures Aaron it at least proves in my mind this was done on occasion ,im wondering if they would of closed the chinstrap retainers after passing through the bails to fit this chinstrap ? it certainly looks the part mate
    Last edited by James C; 12-02-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Regards James

Great helmet James, I have not gotten any Zuckerman's, but this one looks the business. Well done, Leon.

cheers leon do you think you may add some to your collection this comming new year mate
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    cheers leon do you think you may add some to your collection this comming new year mate
    Hi James, I have enough trouble holding on to my cash with MKII helmets, so I think you are safe in the knowledge that I will not be bidding against you on the bay(for now!!) Durhduh-durhduh-durhduhdurduhdurhduh...etc!!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture white washed zuckerman  

had a little go at cleaning up this lid ,it had blackened over time ,perhaps due to use or storage, half done white washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckermanwhite washed zuckerman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast