Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

white washed zuckerman

Article about: just to share this white fireguard helmet ,im not to sure what the single black band denotes but i imagine some form of authority over the standard issue ,my other zuckermans are vauxhall mo

Quote by austromunga View Post
    As I'm only a stones throw away from that address!!!! I'll add my 2 cents worth!!! opposite the old church (now developed into flats by the way)...is the site for the Royal Navy's "T.S. Brilliant" which I would imagine would be an ideal candidate for wartime use as ARP offices!!!
    hi mate ,now thats what i call service ,thanks you so much for your help on this one ,you just cant beat local knowledge,i suppose when the a.r.p was disbanded in 46 the offices would of reverted back to original use ,or perhaps it was shared for the duration of the war ,if you find out any more info please keep me posted ,thanks, james

?

The FG organization had close links to the wardens service, as they operate over the same area.
    If a fire takes hold & gets beyond the FG they go to the wardens post to get assistance from the NFS.
    So if you can find out where the wardens post was, that would be a good start.

thats a good point Aaron the plot thickens ,another bit of research unbeknownst to me was the war time operation rooms under dover castle

A few more details on The EX-Church hall T.S.Brilliant can be seen here..including its use during WW II as an Anti-aircraft battery!!
    TS Brilliant (C) N Chadwick :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

thanks very much for the extra info austro ,you've been a great help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3