MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?

Article about: hey guys, i would appreciate it if someone who knows could tell me what exactly this is. its made out of wood and it smells pretty old. it looks like it is named on the inside as well. any i

Default wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?

hey guys, i would appreciate it if someone who knows could tell me what exactly this is. its made out of wood and it smells pretty old. it looks like it is named on the inside as well. any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?   wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?  

wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?   wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?  

wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?  

Default Re: wooden slovenian adrian style helmet?

That's a new one to me, looks too well made to be a and too big for a childs play helmet. Liner looks well made too. Hope someone here knows something about it. Are you sure its wood and not some type of composit? Can't really tell from the pic. I'd like to see opinions on this one too. John

Hello-I would think it may be a film prop as the former Czechoslovakia had a very strong movie industry. The only military use would be training or ceremonial but if you had the real thing available then why a wooden one?-which is the question I suppose.

well, im not sure, but it could be a composite material. it is very woodlike though.

it came from a surplus store in montreal and he had 6 or 7 of them. i got the one that was in the best condition. they were all pretty banged up. all he said was that it was slovenian WWII era. considering that the country of slovenia didnt exist then, i found it kinda odd. i am guessing that the red star is for yugoslavia.

Whoops!-did I say Czechoslovakia-I meant Yugoslavia-also a very strong film industry in the communist era-possibly helmet is a theatre prop?

This is a so call "factory firemans" helmet from fifties or sixties.

CHEERS!

Matilda

hi,
    in a helmet of the Metropolitan Police,
    milica (in Slovene) or milicija (in Serbian-Croatian). (pronounced Miliza-militia).

SRB
    ?

old police helmet used in yugoslavia and make in sovenia (part of yugoslavia) factory