Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 MK 1 helmet.

Article about: Heres my latest lid..a lovely first world war mk1 lid.This is issued after the Brodie with sharp rim but is before the type with the rubber crown ring.For those that may not know the way to

NCA
    ?

Default WW1 MK 1 helmet.

Heres my latest lid..a lovely first world war mk1 lid.This is issued after the Brodie with sharp rim but is before the type with the rubber crown ring.For those that may not know the way to tell a british lid as opposed to the American M1917 is this:Brit lids have split rivets holding the chinstrap lugs, the us lid has rounded rivets, the rim itself has about 1 1/2in of overlap whereas the m17 is butted up.Also, if you lay it on a flat surface the Brit lid will rock slightly where the US one lies flat.The Steel maker marks are also different.

WW1 MK 1 helmet.WW1 MK 1 helmet.

Very nice find indeed,and in fantastic condition,just to add its known as the 1916 war office pattern mk1,luv the sand/sawdust texture,thanks for sharing this amazing helmet with us.............

NCA
    ?

Oh, and I got it for less than £30.

NCA
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Very nice find indeed,and in fantastic condition,just to add its known as the 1916 war office pattern mk1,luv the sand/sawdust texture,thanks for sharing this amazing helmet with us.............

Thank you.Its very fine grit texture.Like that stuff you line birdcages with...

How muchjust goes to show you and in the centenary year too,good on ya thats all i've got to say...........lucky bugger

An excellent example and an absolute bargain, congrats on both.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Haha!Thanks.It was one of those 'how much for the old tin hat mate?'...then your best poker face as you hand over the money.

Hi,
    Great buy for less than 30 quid, i can see the strap is original but is the liner to, as it looks like it has never been worn looks to clean.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Great buy for less than 30 quid, i can see the strap is original but is the liner to, as it looks like it has never been worn looks to clean.
    Dave.
    That's what I thought too....there is disparity between the outside wear and the innards. But it is not totally unusual for that to take place. Nice catch though.

Hi Nigel,
    You may be right it is not totally unusual, but what i was looking at is the wear on the outside of the helmet ect compared to the wear of the liner. It has no sweat stains or wear on the head band or netting, ect, even the outer felt liner is to clean for a combat helmet, IMHO.
    Dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast