Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot

Article about: You could put a 0 on the end of that and it would still be a good deal. Outstanding.

Default WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot

I found this helmet today at the local carboot sale, I bought it from a chap that first buys and then later pitches out to sale at the boot sale.
    I had found nothing of interest, when returning to my car I passed afore mentioned chaps table and there it was, an officers WW1 steel helmet, marked on the liner Lt Cook Beds Yeo (Beds Yeo has been inked out) followed by a 15. Marked to the front XV KH (15th Kings Hussars ?) and with the flash to the side. In alround great condition and a bargain at £17, I did beat him down a little. The pictures will speak for themselves.
    Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot   WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot  

Default Re: WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot

WW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carbootWW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carbootWW1 Officers Steel Brodie Helmet from the carboot1

Cant be a great dealer if he buys what he thinks is a WW1 Helmet and then sells it for £17! Any photos of the liner?

Just seen you've uploaded pics of the liner! I haven't seen a liner like that before but that may be due to lack of experience.

God's teeth what a bargain, what a beauty! You lucky devil Gary, well done. Any stamp's inside by the way?

Quote by canti44 View Post
    God's teeth what a bargain, what a beauty! You lucky devil Gary, well done.
    I still love the fact a dealer bought it, then only sold it for £17. Id befriend that dealer!

Looks to be a privately fitted out liner,certainly doesn,t look anything standard army issue type,may even be postwar,but for what u paid its not worth losing sleep a great condition for that price.......jake.

Thankyou for your replies, I've just found the liner listed in the book "Helmets of the First World War", private purchase liner by Thomas White & Co, Aldershot, there is also a Hussars helmet shown, with an identical flash for the 17th Hussars !
    Regards Gary

that's the Belgium flag on it.

Isnt it the wrong way round for a Belgian flag?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast