Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ww2/1 british helmet

Article about: If you are asking me what I think the helmet is worth in it's present condition I believe as Russ stated earlier between \\$20 and\\$25 dollars US currency would be all you could expect to sell

?

Default Re: ww2/1 british helmet

If you are asking me what I think the helmet is worth in it's present condition I believe as Russ stated earlier between $20 and$25 dollars US currency would be all you could expect to sell it for .And I think he is spot on with his price .

Regards Mark K

Value with a repo liner and strap? I'm not an expert but I don't think it will be worth what you'll have sunk in to it. Not many folks want lids with repo liners, for collection purposes anyway. The repo liners are more for the reinactor folks so they can have a decent lid to run around in.

The Doughboys and Brodies have not really come in to their own yet and, unless they are really straight and have an "original" liner and chin strap, do not fetch a very high price, even with a good line and in good condition maybe $100 on a good day. One with unit markings will do much better. Hope that answers your question.

ok.thanks/if have more to add i happy.and i have a germany letter from ww2
    how i can translate this?

?

If you can scan the letter and in the headline for your new thread in the document and paperwork section ask for help with German translation and some one might be of assistance to you with the letter in question.

Regards Mark K

MySon'sDad is right, although I'd expect to pay more than $100 for a nice clean Doughboy M-1917.

You could spend a bundle on repro liner and chinstrap (and have the top rivet professionally installed), and you'd have something worth just about as much as the good shell that you have now. Save your money for the next one. You got a shell at a good price.

Two more points: M-1917s with decent liners and chinstraps are not cheap or common.

Second: Most helmets with pretty divisional insignia, etc. are homecoming parade jobs, or outright fakes. Most were not tarted up like that in the trenches for camouflage or security reasons. Not a good idea to help your enemy know what unit he was fighting.

Good luck with the collection and don't worry about your English--you'll soon be fluent.

Cheers,

Pat

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Value with a repo liner and strap? I'm not an expert but I don't think it will be worth what you'll have sunk in to it. Not many folks want lids with repo liners, for collection purposes anyway. The repo liners are more for the reinactor folks so they can have a decent lid to run around in.

The Doughboys and Brodies have not really come in to their own yet and, unless they are really straight and have an "original" liner and chin strap, do not fetch a very high price, even with a good line and in good condition maybe $100 on a good day. One with unit markings will do much better. Hope that answers your question.

thanks you;what i can do
    with this helmet?

Put it up on the shelf and enjoy it! No matter what condition, it's a great piece of history.

oh thnaks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2