Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

Article about: Thought it might be a good idea if we had a thread where for reference, one could look up, or remind oneself of WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet badges. If you could add only WW2 ARMY bad

Thanks, and it's at the front

Hello all,

My first post here. I was recently asked if I could help figure out what the patch is on this helmet. All I know is it's Canadian and found near Trun in France. It has a partially legible inscription with a Vancouver address. Can anyone tell me whose patch that is? I was told that despite appearances, the centre colour is more green than blue.

Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Quote by KiloOneSeven View Post
    Hello all,

My first post here. I was recently asked if I could help figure out what the patch is on this helmet. All I know is it's Canadian and found near Trun in France. It has a partially legible inscription with a Vancouver address. Can anyone tell me whose patch that is? I was told that despite appearances, the centre colour is more green than blue.

Thanks!

Not my area of expertise but welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be around to help. If no replies I recommend starting a new thread for more visibility.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

There used to be a great source of information about Canadian helmet flashes, but for some reason it has disappeared.
    Nice heavy textured paint on the helmet, it is an Canadian made helmet, not one of a few British ones that were issued to the first Canadian troops to arrive in the UK.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    There used to be a great source of information about Canadian helmet flashes, but for some reason it has disappeared. .
    I think it was run by Clive Law who died last year, he also ran service publications.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

There is a publication out there by the late Mr. Law. Maybe it is available via albris or another use book site

See text below

"There are eight titles in the UpClose series:

Distinguishing Patches: Formation Patches of the Canadian Army, 1916-1996 by Clive M. Law. Documents the history of the design, approval and use of sleeve-worn formation patches of the Canadian Army. 1996, ISBN 0-9699845-2-9"

This is from his company website (Service Publications)

Distinguishing Patches – Second Edition | ServicePub

And here is link to a photo of division patches from WW1 (I can't upload from my phone for some reason)

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/89/b4/b2/89b4b25b0b9a14e0382bc70972a327b0.jpg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I checked our reference library for Clive's book and the information isn't listed in it, unfortunately. Thanks though!

MAP
    ?

Quote by KiloOneSeven View Post
    I checked our reference library for Clive's book and the information isn't listed in it, unfortunately. Thanks though!
    Sorry. Out of my element here. Thats the best I can do. Hopefully others will be able to solve the riddle.

?

from this mornings flea marketIrish Regiment of Canada, camo finish of green and tan splotches, appears to have been done over burlap?
    WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast