Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

Article about: I picked this up at the local car boot today I believe its a WW2 Dispatch Riders Helmet. Dated 1944 unsure what the initials BMB stand for .

Default Re: WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

fantastic find,this is what we all here are hoping for,that little bit of luck,being in the right place at the right time,all the best dave.

Well done a very nice helmet indeed, I love stories like this.
    That happened to me as well, buying something that turned out to be something much better. I must admit I was well chuffed as you will be.
    A great find for you!
    Regards
    Rod

To quote from The Life of Brian, Ooh, you lucky B*****d!

Unbelievable!

You are one lucky b*****d!

It looks very nice, like its never been used.

Hello all,
    I've recently purchased this relic helmet shell as a despatch riders, then had second thoughts and catalogued it as a para helmet. When I found this thread I thought one of you may be able to make my mind up for me !
    Happy new collecting,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today   WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today  

WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today   WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today  

Sorry, I forgot to mention it seems to have a bullet hole and another smaller hole, also has small brass rivets about 1/2" above the rim. It's fairly fragile and has some small cracks running upwards from the rim, which is plain.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

?

Had a very similar story mate lol! I also payed 12$ for my helmet and its worth up too 400$ experimental crash helmet liner! Congratz on the awesome find!
    Ryan

?

Despatch riders helmet, 4 rivets holding the liner in place. From 1942 -45, but also made into the late 40's & 50's.

well there still bargins out there. well done great find bit of bad news that it wasent the helmet you thought it was but.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Despatch riders helmet, 4 rivets holding the liner in place. From 1942 -45, but also made into the late 40's & 50's.
    Thanks for your reply tinlid.
    Yes, there are four rivets in the relic one of which has a fragment of metal liner. The attached picture shows this on the inside of the shell with the fragment. I doubt if it's possible to date this helmet but any tips would be gratefully received?
    Cheers,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast