MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

Article about: I picked this up at the local car boot today I believe its a WW2 Dispatch Riders Helmet. Dated 1944 unsure what the initials BMB stand for .

?

Default Re: WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

Well the chances are its ww2, 42-44 they painted them khaki green, sometime in 44 they went over to dark brown. That will be the only way to tie it down to a certain year, or near enough.

Thanks again tinlid,
    I only have ten steel helmets as they take up so much space in my militaria collection and I have little knowledge regarding them. Since reading this thread I'm now learning a great deal about them and will probably have to buy a larger house if I catch the 'helmet bug', it's clearly addictive!
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Haha wow great bargain, ya I have been watching for a good price on one for past year now. well done

that was a good day at the boot sale for sure,all I ever seem to find is overpriced tat
    ,well done

?

Awesome find mate!!!.
    Hard to find that sort of stuff at markets here in NZ.
    Trouble is everyone knows what it's worth or they have something very common but still want $$$ for it.
    Used to be good in the 80-'s before the internet.
    I'm looking at getting a dispatch riders helmet, I'm going to have to fight for it though....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4