Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.

Article about: Evening chaps, I just picked up this nice white wardens MKII from my local junk shop. It is a 1939 dated BMB liner, I cannot see the steel stamps as the black over paint is to thick. A reaso

Default WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.

Evening chaps, I just picked up this nice white wardens MKII from my local junk shop. It is a 1939 dated BMB liner, I cannot see the steel stamps as the black over paint is to thick. A reasonable helmet for £40! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.   WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.  

WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.   WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.  

WW2 HEAD WARDENS MKII Helmet.  

?

Hi Leon, It is a post warden, 1 black diamond or 1 black stripe for head warden.
    So it was factory finish khaki green, then painted black, probable promotion to PW painted white.
    Cheap as well, good find.

A fine addition Leon, you do seem to be on a roll with MKII's at the moment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That's a good find for a junk shop and a good price.

My grandfather was a post warden but in photos his lid was white with PW on it. Was it a case of this warden painted PW on his helmet, and another painted just a W?

Tony

Very nice MKII warden helmet Leon and thanks for posting it

Matt

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Leon, It is a post warden, 1 black diamond or 1 black stripe for head warden.
    So it was factory finish khaki green, then painted black, probable promotion to PW painted white.
    Cheap as well, good find.
    Thanks for the correction Aaron, I have a chart somewhere with the ranks on but I could not find it, so I took a guess but my memory stinks! Leon.

?

Tony, sound's like a non/semi official marking, quite often seen in photos, but bloody hard to find helmet

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Tony, sound's like a non/semi official marking, quite often seen in photos, but bloody hard to find helmet
    Ah ok. Apparently I played with it when I was little and then it disappeared

Leon, did you walk into the junk shop just on the off chance of finding something interesting? If so I bet you were pretty pleased when you saw it.

Quote by ynot View Post
    Ah ok. Apparently I played with it when I was little and then it disappeared

Leon, did you walk into the junk shop just on the off chance of finding something interesting? If so I bet you were pretty pleased when you saw it.
    Hi Tony, I pop in there on my way to work most mornings. Every now and then he gets something worth having and he is always cheaper than dealers as most of what he gets come from house clearances. Leon.

Lovely looking lid Leon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast