Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

is it a WW2 helmet ??

Article about: Hi guys I need some help with this helmet , I think from the date its a from the second world war am I right ? my parents brought a house about ten years ago and this was in the loft , it wa

?

Default is it a WW2 helmet ??

Hi guys I need some help with this helmet , I think from the date its a from the second world war am I right ? my parents brought a house about ten years ago and this was in the loft , it was real dirty and full of spider webs , I've dusted it off and got rid of the cob webs but its still a bit dirty inside,I don't want to put any water on it so I think I will just leave it as it is for now, I've had it sitting in a draw for ages, it's stamped BMB 1943 if that's any help . someone offered me £30 a few weeks back but I'm hoping if I do sell it I can get a bit more than that , anyway you guys I'm will have a better idea on this thing so thanks for reading and hope you can help ...

is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is it a WW2 helmet ??  

A ww2 date, 1943 BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies, Dagenham) but I think the paint might be post ww2, others will soon be along to confirm that.

?

Thank you

?

A WW2, helmet, steel airbourne troops. The first year they made the Mk2 1943, so would originally been painted khaki green, some of this colour might still be on the inside.
    More than likely painted post war 50's/60's, but these helmets were used well into the 80's & more.
    Even painted post war, you should get a lot more than £30, well over £100, if not closer to £200.

So apart from the repaint is everything else wartime original?these go for nearer a thousand these days with original paint so this seriously effects the value then?hope you told that bloke to jog on.

?

everything else wartime original ? . I have no idea , Ive posted a few more pictures so maybe you guys can tell me ?, Thanks for the heads up Tinlid and yes you are right the inside is a lighter green than the outside.

is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??is it a WW2 helmet ??

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    So apart from the repaint is everything else wartime original?these go for nearer a thousand these days with original paint so this seriously effects the value then?hope you told that bloke to jog on.
    yes mate I think I will do just that thanks

Hi, not my area at all but what I will "chip in" with is that if I were using my German Helmet knowledge I would say that this is an original WW2 shell and liner. The shell has had a post war re-paint for re-use and the chinstrap is a post war replacement( 50's?). All that said , the re-paint, replacement chinstrap are in my opinion military refurbs, so it is correct as it stands, and worth much more than £30!!. Leon.

Just trying to figure out that flash. Possibly 44th independent parachute brigade? 289 parachute battery RHA was part of that unit, and used that TRF painted on the side. Or possibly 44th field regiment RA, if they were ever attached to an airborne unit. Interesting lid. I am looking for one of these lids at the moment.

?

Thanks Leon maybe I should put it up on ebay as its only sitting in a draw here , it would be better off in the hands of someone that would value it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast