Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

is it a WW2 helmet ??

Article about: Hi guys I need some help with this helmet , I think from the date its a from the second world war am I right ? my parents brought a house about ten years ago and this was in the loft , it wa

?

Hi Dmax it is a nice Mk II HSAT and I would gladly display it on my shelf and as stated it is very probably a MOD post war refurb IMO they are quite desirable and do bring a decent dollar on E-bay you will have no problem selling this example don't list it to low and or put a reserve bid on it if you are going to go down this road though as E-bay can be a bit of a crap shoot some times as to getting the price you want .

Regards Mark

?

Well no! It's stamped BMB which is British Motor Bodies 1943. The war started in 1939 and so it ended after 6 years in 1945 so obviously looks like someone was sleeping during a history lesson!

?

Legowy there is no reason to be rude or sarcastic in case you had not noticed the OP is quite new here and has asked for assistance treat other members how you would like to be treated in return with a LITTLE RESPECT.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Legowy there is no reason to be rude or sarcastic in case you had not noticed the OP is quite new here and has asked for assistance treat other members how you would like to be treated in return with a LITTLE RESPECT.

Regards Mark
    I know, I'm just pointing out the obvious, and please don't write in that red colour. It makes my eyes fuzz

?

This is not an obvious fact there are many people that can not tell you the year WW II started and Ended and OBVIOUSLY the OP is not a collector on military.

Regards Mark

Regards Mark
    Well said Mark. I had also noticed that this newish member posts with an abrupt manner that some would find rude. It has been noted and is being watched.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'd go more than £30 for this example even with the post war repaint as it is part of its history and shows it continued in service for many years post 45, which a lot of them did. some collectors don't value them as much as untouched WWII examples which is correct, but still a good addition to any British helmet collectors collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

this is not an obvious fact there are many people that can not tell you the year ww ii started and ended and obviously the op is not a collector on military.

Regards mark
    WTF...............thought I was in Hells kitchen..............thats some serious prada you've got yourself into mate........

Quote by Legowy View Post
    Well no! It's stamped BMB which is British Motor Bodies 1943. The war started in 1939 and so it ended after 6 years in 1945 so obviously looks like someone was sleeping during a history lesson!
    Lets not forget that cosmetically it is mostly a post war lid with post paint and the other refurbs. It is also not unheard of that sometimes numbers stamped on items are not a date, so assuming 1943 means it is WWII is not always a given, especially to non collectors and even then I have seen collectors get it wrong, which is why even they sometimes ask what might seem like dumb questions, I know I still do it sometimes.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

This is not an obvious fact there are many people that can not tell you the year WW II started and Ended and OBVIOUSLY the OP is not a collector on military.

Regards Mark
    Your doing this on purpose

I never said that he was a collector either, I just knew when the war started and ended when I was 5 years old...
    Also I didn't know he was a new member I only read what he put up. This has gone too far, I haven't done much except put up a sarcastic comment?

I bet everyone does it all the time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast