MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!

Article about: Hi would like to have a standard early war type mk11 tommy lid,just wanted confirmation regarding the liner type bolt and washer/nut.i've always thought the liner was held by a brass bolt/nu

Default Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!

Hi would like to have a standard early war type mk11 tommy lid,just wanted confirmation regarding the liner type bolt and washer/nut.i've always thought the liner was held by a brass bolt/nut,but have noticed the vero liners seem differant inside,also in one of the pics provided there's not a bolt but another type of fixing any info would be appreciated,regards minnie.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!   Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!  

Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!   Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!  

Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!! 

?

Default Re: Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!

Picture 2 shows the MKI liner produced from 37-39, pic 3 shows the MkII from 39- the 50's. The nut & bolt ( MkI )that I can see in pics is the same in all pics, it's just it's been put in the other way round than it should be, quite often seen.

Default Re: Ww2 mk11 helmet liner variations!!!!!

cheers Aaron didn't think of the possibility of reversed bolt etc,now i know,regards minnie.