Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944

Article about: This is the the last of the helmets I am posting, a nicely named and 1944 dated Mk3 Turtle helmet. I believe these are quite hard to find in WW2 dates so when it came up I moved on it quite

Default WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944

This is the the last of the helmets I am posting, a nicely named and 1944 dated Mk3 Turtle helmet. I believe these are quite hard to find in WW2 dates so when it came up I moved on it quite quick. The chinstrap has a printed name and serial number which looks like "AL PATTERSON 220048". On the inside rim it has the initals "PSW" in pen. The outside shows minimal wear and texture and colour is still great. Inside the liner is complete and still quite soft.

Very nice lid and will be hard to part with but will most likely go onto my store in the next few weeks.

WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944

Default Re: WW2 Mk3 British Turtle Helmet Named and Dated 1944

Sorry its a MK.4

?

Are there any stamps on the shell on the inside, is the rim join butted up or welded smooth? Being a Mk4 it is most likely to be dated 45 if it was made during the war but there is a slim chance it could be 44.
    Aaron

The rim is welded and smooth at the rear. Its also marked at the rear about half way up with "BMB MkIV C123 " There looks to be more but its covered with a Light green/white dot of paint, much like the one in a brit para, just light green

?

The rim join being smooth makes it a BMB made helmet, the date is probably there but the paint might be obscuring it.
    Aaron