Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.

Article about: Evening gents, I have just seen this beautiful RA unit flashed MKII on CS Militaria. A real "one looker" for me, and if I had the money on hand I would buy it!! Leon.

Edit - it was Clements. IMCS had the 53rd Battledress a week or so back...

The RA MK1* has gone as well now, both very nice helmets in someone's collection. Leon.

Hi,

Just another edit for those that are interested. The 53rd Div helmet sold by Clements a few weeks back is not the one on CS Militaria. Two 53rd Div helmets appearing on the market within weeks of one another both claiming to be battlefield finds (one from a Belgian potato shed, the other from Holland) - is it just coincidence, a Low Countries collector clearing out a longstanding collection or something more - or am I being cynical?

This is the Clements 53 Inf Artillery one:

WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.
    WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.
    WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.
    WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.
    WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.

SMP
    ?

I am happy to say it has found a new home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.  

Good to see this has gone to a good home. As I posted before, I don't think this was over priced, I used to guy German stuff and you would not get a unit marked camo lid reworked from a WWI shell for anywhere less than a lot more, instead you would get a run of the mill no decal late war lid for this price. Soon this will be considered to be somewhat of a bargain, MKI* with flash and camo, I'm only sorry I was all spent out or I might have hit the buy it button.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good to see this has gone to a good home. As I posted before, I don't think this was over priced, I used to guy German stuff and you would not get a unit marked camo lid reworked from a WWI shell for anywhere less than a lot more, instead you would get a run of the mill no decal late war lid for this price. Soon this will be considered to be somewhat of a bargain, MKI* with flash and camo, I'm only sorry I was all spent out or I might have hit the buy it button.
    Agreed, a great helmet that I to would have bought in a flash if I was not keeping a tight rein at the moment. Well done, I am happy for you. Leon.

SMP
    ?

Thank you, both ! It was too good to miss , because I really love MKI*s. That made the price worth paying in my book. Anyway, here are a few more details:

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.   WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.  

WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.   WW2 RA Desert tan MKII.  

You cannot get a better RA than that one! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    You cannot get a better RA than that one! Leon.
    Except perhaps Aaron's malta camo.

Certainly a great lid and mki*'s are the way to go IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Top notch,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast