Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 royal canadian engineers helmet

Article about: Hey there everyone, How does this ww2 royal canadian engineers helmet look? I've always loved flashed helmets. Thanks in advance, Quinn

Default Ww2 royal canadian engineers helmet

Hey there everyone,

How does this ww2 royal canadian engineers helmet look? I've always loved flashed helmets.

Thanks in advance,

Quinn

Ww2 royal canadian engineers helmetWw2 royal canadian engineers helmetWw2 royal canadian engineers helmet

?

Hopefully it's going to be a good one, but would need to have better close up pictures to be sure.

Looks good so far, but as already mentioned better pics will tell. A real cracker if all good.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, I think you have a very nice "unit flashed" helmet there, although as said, some nice "no flash" natural light images would be good. Leon.

Thanks for the answers gents! I've asked the seller for more photos (its not mine... yet) and will be going to see it in person tomorrow - are there any things I should keep my eyes open for when looking at it in person?

Thanks again!

Quinn

More pics from the seller. He is selling this helmet along with a ww2 canadian gas mask, which both apparently belonged to his grandfather.

Things I'm noticing - the area where the decal is applied is smooth, versus the rest of the helmet is gritty. Is this normal? However, I don't think it was done recently, because it would be difficult to sand it down, apply the decal, then make it look like the rest of the helmet.

That being said, there does seem to be alot of scratches around the decal area. But not on the decal directly?

Let me know what you guys think.

Ww2 royal canadian engineers helmetWw2 royal canadian engineers helmetWw2 royal canadian engineers helmetWw2 royal canadian engineers helmet
    Last edited by matthewsq; 07-03-2015 at 04:45 AM.

?

Hi Quinn IMHO there is nothing wrong with this Mk II at all and I would be properly ecstatic to add it to my shelf as to the question of the surface area being de-void of textured paint this is quite normal as the flash is as you know a water slide transfer decal and they do not apply and or adhere well to rough surfaces the patina and color surrounding the flash looks to be consistant with the rest of the helmet body so not recently done and or applied.
    I have heard whispers that there was a batch of C.L/.C. helmet bodies that had a layer of textured paint applied at the factory but they are far and few in between.
    The helmet is nicely flashed to the Royal Canadian Engineers as you have already pointed out and IMO is as right as rain and I can find no fault with this example other than the fact it does not reside in my collection .
    Please have a look at the link below as it does show a rather nice example that goes to supporting that the decal is a period original. "Helmet Flashes" decals markings Helmet Mk II
    As to examples with rough textured paint that have been cleansed and or had a decal applied and then re-coated I can offer up a couple of examples from my own collection for comparison such as this 1941 C.L/.C. and other examples that reside in private collection here in Canada and abroad.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 royal canadian engineers helmet  

Looks very good to me. Good luck in getting it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the help everyone! Always learning here.

Will see it today and let you know how it goes.