Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43

Article about: This was bought from a retired US Navy Officer, he was presented with this helmet upon his retirement. He kept this helmet in his office for many years untill he moved into an assisted livin

Default WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43

This was bought from a retired US Navy Officer, he was presented with this helmet upon his retirement. He kept this helmet in his office for many years untill he moved into an assisted living facility, he said he cherished this helmet because it was a true WWII example actually used by navy divers as can be seen by the small dents on top. This is an all matching Schrader MK V. # 554 .WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43

MAP
    ?

Very cool. And I'm sure not cheap!

That said, wouldn't catch me in one of these....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

great helmet

Glad you guys like it...my wife even likes this..im tryin to convince her we now need one that is plain copper and has not been tinned over like this one. WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43WWII Navy Mark Five Diving Helmet 8-43

Here is a cool video on how a Mark V helmet is made.. they are still making them to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shyCACENONg

MAP
    ?

I'd be sooooo tempted to stick a mini keg in there and put a tap in one of the port holes for a kegerator. Lol

Just kidding of course but still the thought crossed my mind...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'd be sooooo tempted to stick a mini keg in there and put a tap in one of the port holes for a kegerator. Lol

Just kidding of course but still the thought crossed my mind...
    That would be cool..but do it with the repo's.. LOL

A truly iconic helmet and one much faked but this one is a superb and authentic piece! It took a real Man to fasten one of these over his head and go down into the black deep water and the unknown. What a great piece of History!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Real beauty of a helmet, not something you see often.