Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II

Article about: Not that I needed another example of a 42 C.L./C. in my collection but the patina on this shell is wonderful and has been brush over painted in desert tan which in it self makes it quite rar

?

Default And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II

Not that I needed another example of a 42 C.L./C. in my collection but the patina on this shell is wonderful and has been brush over painted in desert tan which in it self makes it quite rare for any Canadian Helmet .
    The liner is a 42 VMC II in a size 7 1/4 IMO an extremely interesting helmet that I cant wait to get in hand for a better look these are all the pictures I have for now and will post more upon it's arrival.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II   And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II  

And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II   And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II  

A very neat helmet. I guess its more likely to be Italy then Africa though.

Already looks very nice from the pics.

Cheers!
    Taka

P.S.: I would never place the chinstrap on the helmet, the buckle is even placed upside down!

?

Probably a long shot but it would be nice if this helmet had the original owners name inscribed some were on the chin strap or interior of the shell like so many of my others do .
    I myself was leaning towards the Italian campaign.

Regards Mark K

?

You and me both Taka I as well like my chinstraps to hang loose and free on my Mk II's it does not mark the shell and over tension the springs in the chinstraps .

Regards Mark K

Mark Mate you are going to run out of room for these

I can also see the chin strap lug is already sifted....

Regards,
    Taka

?

Thanks for your concern Rene I will build a dam addition if I have to
    Hi taka I had noticed just adds a little more character to the helmet is all

Regards Mark K

?

The helmet arrived in the post today and it is far nicer than portrayed in the sellers photos it is very evident once one has it in hand that it has been brush painted in a desert tan which has taken on a nice deep patina do to natural aging and oxidization of the paint.
    It has a very nice early black painted chinstrap buckle with the closed center struts and is a very welcome addition to my Canadian Mk II collection I have included a couple of images of an early 40 dated Mk II painted in the browner shade of Khaki and a mid 42 painted Mk II in the lighter olive drab for color comparison.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II   And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II  

And yet another 42 C.L./C Mk II