Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!

Article about: Hi gents, I guess you have seen it!! Yes, it's another Malta Cammo on ebay, one of the rarest MKII helmets making another appearance. That said, from my un-trained eyes, I quite like the loo

?

£430 now, more than I wanted to pay.

A lot of money for an uncertain variant and after years of almost never seeing any "Malta" camo's for sale they seem to appear on the bay quite often these days.

A shame if people are faking these as it would be great to grab one of these.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry if I was positive on the providence I would consider adding this Mk II just to many doubts in my mind to be 100% positive on this one.
    A shame really as it would look good on my shelf.

Regards Mark

?

What year is the shell? Where is it being sold from?

I've seen about 10 originals in person so far, and the patterns do vary, but about 8 out of 10 will have the better known pattern from the photos posted.

What I do find off is that the green appears to be painted over the sand. Or does it? Very hard to tell.

Well the liner is a 1938 but of course that could have been swapped, but not before the "cammo" was applied as the top nut is sealed by the paint. I personally cannot fault the helmet except that I simply do not trust it as there is no provenance, I think I may lose out on a lot of good helmets in the future because of my pessimism!! Oh and it's now £460. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

?

Sold £600

Good luck to whomever bought it and I hope it was a good one, I mostly like it but not sure I'd pay this price even if I was 100% certain, though the equivalent German helmet would be at least double this price.

WW2 BRITISH MALTA PATTERN CAMOUFLAGE HELMET 39/45 | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Original eto fs/sb 2 panel medic with 2nd pattern Hawley. you think this camo is expensive try looking at a medic m1 and choking on your beer!!!!!!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good luck to whomever bought it and I hope it was a good one, I mostly like it but not sure I'd pay this price even if I was 100% certain, though the equivalent German helmet would be at least double this price.

WW2 BRITISH MALTA PATTERN CAMOUFLAGE HELMET 39/45 | eBay
    And the rest Jerry, a decent German cammo can set you back £2000 these days! I too hope this was a good Malta cammo as it looks great, but £600 is a very strong price for something I would only ever be 95% confident about. That said maybe in hand it is a one look stunner. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I think I may lose out on a lot of good helmets in the future because of my pessimism!! Oh and it's now £460. Leon.
    I think that's the right attitude to have if you can't actually handle it beforehand or if there's an absence of provenance to back it up. I don't have that kind of money to splash out so I'm safe

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2