Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat

Article about: Hi all. I was quite pleased to pick this up yesterday as I have been after one for a while. It also came with the guy's BD, greatcoat and named and numbered kit bag (will post the BD in a se

Default 1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat

Hi all. I was quite pleased to pick this up yesterday as I have been after one for a while. It also came with the guy's BD, greatcoat and named and numbered kit bag (will post the BD in a seperate thread). It was made by Denham and Hargrave in 1943. Looks like there was once a badge on there as well, so I will be on the lookout for one of those. Overall its not in bad condition apart from some of the headband stitching coming away. I know these are quite popular at the moment so thought it would be of interest.

Sorry that the pics are a bit blurry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat   1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat  

1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat   1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat  

1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat  

?

I like these too and have always wanted an example from WWII or earlier, I have a picture of my great grandfather wearing one and I even wear my Aussie version on the mower but it's a modern 1980s type.

Tony

Looks good mate, has the red on the flash faded really badly?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'm afraid it has.

I like it.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I'm afraid it has.
    I thought so, it should look like this one. Still a great pick up mate.

I have a 42 dated slouch hat by the same maker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Dated Royal Engineers Slouch Hat  
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice one Jerry. 42 is a nice date. I'm happy with this one as a few months ago I almost spent twice as much on one with no flash and in worse condition. Funnily enough, this and the other items were only a mile up the road.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Nice one Jerry. 42 is a nice date. I'm happy with this one as a few months ago I almost spent twice as much on one with no flash and in worse condition. Funnily enough, this and the other items were only a mile up the road.
    All good things come to those who wait, or at least sometimes. Great when you can get local items.
    Regards,

Jerry