Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 British beret's

Article about: I have these two on their way to me, one 47 dated by Beret industries and the other 45 dasted with a L arrow mark by Kangol wear limited. Both are of the wartime khaki type, though they are

Default 2 British beret's

I have these two on their way to me, one 47 dated by Beret industries and the other 45 dasted with a L arrow mark by Kangol wear limited. Both are of the wartime khaki type, though they are quite different and obviously one is post war, though of the wartime pattern. These khaki berets are getting hard to find these days in my experience and will be welcome additions to my collection and will make a good study aid between the two makers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 British beret's   2 British beret's  

2 British beret's   2 British beret's  

2 British beret's  
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 British beret's  2 British beret's 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice pair of pick-ups Jerry.

As an aside, if you didn't know, Kangol were still making berets up to at least the mid 1980's, (my first issued dark blue beret was a Kangol as well as my first khaki one when the infantry went from dark blue to khaki!)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Nice buys. Aside from the ink stamp the '47 beret is just the same as a wartime one.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ian,

some useful info on Kangol. I have to admit that mostly once we get into the 60's or more recent I don't study the artifacts from then so my knowledge is a bit weak, but always good to gather more information and something to look out for. I'd happily add a50's red beret to my collection if I can find one for a sensible price as sadlt wartime examples are way too pricey for my budget, unless I can find one in a boot sale or local antiques center.
    Regards,

Jerry

my father had a black beret when he came home on demob leave at the wars end,I proudly wore it out with my mates,it came off my head and fell into the Thames on the Woolwich ferry.he was not a happy chappy.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    my father had a black beret when he came home on demob leave at the wars end,I proudly wore it out with my mates,it came off my head and fell into the Thames on the Woolwich ferry.he was not a happy chappy.
    A bummer Harry and I don't blame him.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

A quantity of these Kangol berets in this size came on to the market about 20 years and many of the guys in my living history group (43rd Recce) wear these.

Here is mine.

It came out the batch Neil mentions. Mint unissued. I think it about £8.

I decked it out with the Recce Officers Bronze cap badge. By rights they went to Black berets in '44...but I needed it for a display.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 British beret's   2 British beret's  

2 British beret's  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice pair Jerry excuse the pun,very nice mate yours too Ade...........

Interesting Ade that yours has a black lining and the Z mark rather than the L mark and tan lining on the one I have bought. I have always assumed that the Z mark is for late 45 and the L is early 45, though other than knowing that L is wartime I don't have proof that the Z is very early post war. Do you have any thoughts or info on this?
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast