Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

2 British beret's

Article about: I have these two on their way to me, one 47 dated by Beret industries and the other 45 dasted with a L arrow mark by Kangol wear limited. Both are of the wartime khaki type, though they are

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    That is a real bummer!
    Indeed Ade. As I posted it has always worked out OK for me in the past, but I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back. I have contacted him to ask for a refund on the other item if it is not already in the post.

In future I shall take my business elsewhere, though I do it with some regret as he often has items I want and in most cases his prices are good, but sadly too often things go wrong.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

1944 dated berets can be found with the " Z " contract letter.

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    1944 dated berets can be found with the " Z " contract letter.
    I have read that information elsewhere and it is also seen on some other items, though it does seem rather strange that this happened. Again as Ade posted earlier, the WD markings are not always logical in their application, but perhaps the 44 dated items were not accepted into service until 1945 and thereby causing the confusion, just a possible explanation for this and certainly not something I would want to get into an argument about.
    Regards,

Jerry

the other imponderable is, who stamped the contract details ? leading on to why some tan linings have white markings and some have black.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 British beret's 

?

Default British beret

Nice Jerry! This is a great one. Im not a big British collector but I do have one British beret in my collection. It's not a Kangol, though..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 British beret's  

Quote by Dean View Post
    Nice Jerry! This is a great one. Im not a big British collector but I do have one British beret in my collection. It's not a Kangol, though..
    Hi Dean,

that is a very nice GS beret, it looks to be in lovely condition. Strictly speaking it is a general service cap, but a beret by another name really, I have two of this type, both a bit earlier as they are made of a different weave of wool, I have yet to get one of the later type like yours.
    Regards,

Jerry

more like a Tam O'Shanter. does it possess a toorie ?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    more like a Tam O'Shanter. does it possess a toorie ?
    You could be correct, as both of my GS caps have the vent holes in the body and not on the liner band, though my Tammy does not have any on it, rather it has a bow of fabric on the band.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3