Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??

Article about: got these as a package, one looks to have a chance as ww2, the other i think may be repro, cap 1 seems ok, no makers mark, but has name and number inked inside, the number fits a block issue

jwp
    ?

Default 2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??

got these as a package, one looks to have a chance as ww2, the other i think may be repro, cap 1 seems ok, no makers mark, but has name and number inked inside, the number fits a block issued at RAF Padgate in 1941. buttons are marked Cheney.

2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??

cap 2 has a black cotton interior with what looks like a suede head band sewn at both sides so can't be pulled down, no marks, the crowns on the buttons look a bit odd to me, they are marked Startin Birmingham. your thoughts much appreciated !. John.

2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??2RAF side caps, one WW2, one repro ??

Hi, I think they are both original caps. I've got quite a few of these woolly NCO caps and a few of the Smooth material officers caps. Mine all differ in some way or another, some I think are down to the individual, making them more comfy to wear. Must admit once you get used to the smell of an old cap, no faker or repro. cap can come near the genuine ones.

Yes, both look good to me.

Both look fine
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

many thanks all for your replies, glad they both seem ok, yes they both have that old smell !, thanks again, John.