Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4 lugs AAC badges or...?

Article about: Hi all! I have a 1943 Kangol beret in my collection for some time now, no badge unfortunately. Looking at the indentation that the badge has left on the beret, I guess that it must have been

Default 4 lugs AAC badges or...?

Hi all!

I have a 1943 Kangol beret in my collection for some time now, no badge unfortunately. Looking at the indentation that the badge has left on the beret, I guess that it must have been an AAC one.

Looking at the holes left by the removed badge... I count 4. This is more clear in the lining.
    4 lugs AAC badges or...?

Adrian Stevenson had posted one of his vet acquired berets, with the same 4 holes seen and a photo of the vet wearing the beret, with an AAC badge on it.

So, my question is: Are there AAC badges with 4 lugs or were the holes created by different badges?

Regards, Giorgos

PS: The photos are in the "Cloth headgear" section, but I don't seem to be able to access it, in order to post the links... Will do it as soon as I can!

Default Re: 4 lugs AAC badges or...?

Hi Giorgos, no British badges had four lugs that I know of? These holes will be from different badges I think.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade!

Thanks for the reply! So maybe a para badge for the top holes and an AAC badge for the bottom ones? Could that be the case for your beret, too?

Regards, Giorgos

That might be the explanation.

Cheers, Ade.

Ive got berets and f/s caps with holes for lugs and sliders. Maybe badges were replaced when worn through too much polishing or when units changed ect...the holes tell a story in their own way.