Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A11 flight helmet

Article about: This is my A11 flight helmet made by the Selby Shoe Company. I would like to know more about the clips and buttons that attach the breathing mask, I have seen A11's with only buttons and som

?

Right.. that means something... But what?!

I thought yours looked like a period rigger job.
    This really is most curious.

A prize for whoever cracks it!

My guess would be that there was a specific type of mask that somehow worked or fitted better with this set-up.

Cheers,
    Bob

probably for a UK oxy?

?

I found another one on this site like that on the right side. you have to zoom in to see it.
    The 11trh pic down.
    alliedflightgear.com

Very interesting!
    Would you mind me putting your photo on another site to see if they know what's up with that reversed hook setup?
    Since this is the third one seen , I need to know what's up!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    probably for a UK oxy?
    Might be Rene. Some wore those and the goggles from the UK. Might be a Fighter pilot verses Bomber crew.
    I have never looked into the UK O2 mask and how they attach. This is getting interesting and I might learn something here.
    I love this site!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for all the interest! Feel free to post them, I'm eager to learn more

?

I'll let you know what I hear. I'm very interested because I thought it was on wrong, But maybe I'm wrong and willing to learn something on these.
    I went through 20 post and about 60 pic's of A11's on the web and could not find one like yours except the 1 I found on that link I posted and you found 2. So there has to be something to these.
    Thanks for letting me post yours

Semper Fi
    Phil

I do find it odd that the ones that are tied also seem to have a backwards clip, and they are all tied the same, using 2 strings. To me that says it was at least slightly standardized and not just an improvisation done by individual wearers. Mask clips came with the oxygen mask, not the helmet, correct?

?

You are correct about the hooks coming with the O2 mask. They come with male and female snaps and a pair of hooks. This is the box my NOS one came in. It has instruction on how to attach them . Here is what they came in. I put one snap hook on my AN-H-15 to put the mask on it.
    A11 flight helmetA11 flight helmet
    A11 flight helmetA11 flight helmet
    Last edited by AZPhil; 09-19-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2