Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

anyone know who this 1942 british cap was made forwhich Army?

Article about: anyone know who this 1942 british cap was made for which Army? Thanks Roger

RMR
    ?

Default anyone know who this 1942 british cap was made forwhich Army?

anyone know who this 1942 british cap was made for which Army? Thanks Rogeranyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?

Default Re: anyone know who this 1942 british cap was made forwhich Army?

Hi Roger, do the flaps fold up?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks like a piece of flying clothing to me, although that might be because it's made by Wareings, who made flying jackets and trousers out of the same material?

Rob

RMR
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Roger, do the flaps fold up?

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes they do Ade but whatever held them is no longer thereyou can see in the centre edge of each flap something was attached see attachment Attachment 371755

I am wondering if it was made for the Soviets as Lend - Lease? Guessing here....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have an identical hat! Mine still has the cords attached to the flaps (there is no buckle). If you look carefully at the label you will see that it has an ink stamp in the shape of an anchor. I had shown it previously on the forum and there was a thought that it may relate to the merchant Navy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?   anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?  

anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?   anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?  

anyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?  

RMR
    ?

Thanks Grimebox have a look at the following picture.Roger

RMR
    ?

This photo solves the puzzle over this hat H.M.S.Sheffield Artic convoy WW2.Thanks grimebox for the clue. Rogeranyone know who  this 1942 british  cap was made forwhich Army?

Excellent, now I know! Excellent work Roger