Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

Article about: Anyone called Per ardua ad astra "Through struggle to the stars" has an Air force background ...welcome to the forum

?

Default Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

Well I did the tourist thing this weekend and on my travels I came across a few very interesting items, I will show them later.

This is a Mint Aussie RAAF Badged Slouch Hat, now I am not sure it is 100% Correct, but it does look good, not cheap but a Nice piece, Please feel free to make comments on this one

Dean O
    Canada

Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

AIF
    ?

Hi Dean, What is the date on the liner of the hat mate? It looks like it is either 1950's or 60's but I can't quite make it out.

The hat itself is original as is the the 1950's pugaree and WW2 badge, It may be an original Korean war era hat as it is in the right configuration but it could also be a made up piece with original parts... It all depends on the date of the hat itself. Also remove the pugaree and it should have a stamp inside it with the maker and date.

Let me know what you come up with and I can give you a better idea of what you have.

Also another thing... Please unhook the side of the hat!

Luke.

Looks like 1954 to me.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Here are more photos, I took about 20 photos of the "date" and these are the best. The numbers look like 18?4 to me, is it possible that this is a style number and not a date?

Dean O
    Canada

Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

No Dean, that's the date alright ( whatever it is )

This is the old Fayrefield hat factory 48-60 Nicholson Street,ABBOTSFORD, Victoria.
    Building is still there ( but not making hats since 1971 )

Nice slouchy BTW!

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

AIF
    ?

Thanks for the extra pics... I'd say it is actually 1964 and not 54 dated they used a thin leather liner on hats in ww2-1950's. I guess someone had a RAAF pug and added a ww2 hat badge to the front. It is up to you if you want to swap the badge for a QC one or leave it as is.

Nice slouchie Dean, but post war as the others have said. The makers only started making slouchies in the post ww2 period, though they did make headgear before the war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you, so I bought a nice 60s hat that was shown to me as 40s...OK even I can get scammed..anyone what this for what I paid for it plus shipping????

Dean O

Dean O,

don't be to quick to discount your hat, the RAAF were wearing hats the same as yours in Vietnam (60s-70s)

?

Thank you again Guys, It is a very nice looking Hat.

Dean O

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast