Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

Article about: Anyone called Per ardua ad astra "Through struggle to the stars" has an Air force background ...welcome to the forum

Anyone called Per ardua ad astra "Through struggle to the stars" has an Air force background ...welcome to the forum

Thank you, I have been a member for some time, but don't write much.
    I worked for the RAAF as a civilian for just over 20 years, thus my interest in the RAAF, been collecting since 1974.

Further to my previous post I will try to attach a few photos of Hat fur Felts.Aussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush HatAussie RAAF Slouch, Bush Hat

?

Very Nice Hats.

Dean O

The first is dated 1944 and made by V402, 2nd is dated 1960 and named to a WRAAF, 3rd is dated 1958, made by Fayrefield and named to a WRAAF, 4th is dated 1962 made by Fayrefield and worn in Vietnam, 5th is dated 1960 made by Dunkerley and named to an apprentice, 6th is dated 1954 made by Dunkerley and worn by a WRAAF officer, 7th is a WW2 WAAAF Nursing Sister.

Sorry for reviving this thread.

I have a 1965 dated RAAF Slouch Hat manufactured by Dunkerley as well. It has the correct blue stripe in the puggaree; the RAAF badge on the front and ribbon edging along the side of the brim.

Question - is it supposed to have a Rising Sun badge on the flip up side? I'm asking because there is no sign of one ever having been attached and there are no holes in the brim for one like the holes in the puggaree for the front badge.

No the rising sun is for the army.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No the rising sun is for the army.
    Thanks! That's what I thought, figured I'd better double check first though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2